http://www.bsag.co.uk/feeds/posts/default Bridgnorth Sewage Action Group

Monday, February 25, 2013

2013 March meeting

Please note the meeting to discuss the capital charges will be on the 8th March 2013 at Norton village hall at 7-30pm. We need to update our data on who has paid or not paid the capital charges, in your sewage plant area, please ensure you have that information available for the meeting.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

May Meeting

The May meeting will be at Norton Village Hall at 7pm on the 14th May 2010

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

February 2010 Meeting

The next meeting has been booked for 7pm at Norton Village Hall on Friday 5th Feb

Regards
Justin

Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Meeting 8th Jan cancelled

The meeting booked for the 8th Jan has been cancelled because of the weather conditions. We will arrange the next meeting when we have managed to book the hall.

Cheers
Justin

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Next Meeting - Change of Date

The next meeting is now booked for Friday 8th Jan 2010 at Norton Village Hall and not 4th December as previously arranged (please can you try and ensure everybody knows about the changed date)

Sunday, June 07, 2009

New Council quiet for awhile

Assuming the new Shropshire Council remains quiet on the sewage saga, our next meeting is Friday September 11th 2009 at 7pm in Norton Village Hall. If anyone receives communication from the council in the meantime please alert someone from the group and if necessary a meeting will be arranged.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Meeting 20th Feb 2009 7pm

Next Meeting in the village hall at Norton on Friday 20th Feb 2009 at 7pm

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Update

Just a quick note to say that things still going strong. Latest information is sent by email to those registered to receive that information (please contact the representative from your village who attends meetings for more information).

Next meeting 20th June at Norton village hall - 7pm

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Bills for Major Works

I understand from Neen Savage that they have received their bills for the major works done on the plants 2006/7 at the value approximately as forecast last year.

Advice from BSAG is
DO NOT PAY
but attend the meeting on the 1st February at 7pm at Norton Village Hall (behind Hundred House Hotel)

Friday, January 11, 2008

AGM - 1st Feb 2008

The Annual General Meeting for BSAG will be held at 7pm on the 1st February at Norton Village Hall.

The Chair, Secretary and Treasurer posts are all up for election and nominations are invited for these posts, please contact either myself or John Glover, the secretary, if you wish to discuss this. Nominations may be made at the start of the AGM and voting is a straight majority of members present.

Justin White
Outgoing Chair

Sunday, January 06, 2008

Jan 11th 2008 meeting - Norton Village Hall

The next meeting of BSAG will be January 11th at 7pm at Norton Village Hall.

Saturday, December 08, 2007

Meeting 21st Dec 7pm at Norton Village Hall (NB: Change of venue)

We have found another venue for the meeting - Norton Village Hall.

Directions from Bridgnorth:-
  • Take A442 from Bridgnorth towards Telford for 4.9 miles
  • In Norton village, just past Hundred House Hotel turn left into Cheswardine Lane
http://maps.live.com/?v=2&sp=Point.ss02rbgszr5h_Untitled%20item___&encType=1

See everyone there I hope.

Regards
Justin

Monday, December 03, 2007

Chetton hall not available 21st dec

The Chetton Village Hall is NOT available for the proposed next meeting on 21st december, therefore looking for an alternative venue and/or date. Any suggestions?

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Next Meeting - Fri 19th Oct 2007 - 7pm

Next Meeting - Fri 19th Oct 2007 - 7pm at Chetton Village Hall. After that I have reserved the hall for the 16th November assuming that the meeting decides that is OK.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Annual Bills have arrived

I am assuming that I am not the only person to receive a bill for BDC sewage 2007/8 in the post this morning.

The advice from BSAG is
DO NOT PAY

without first discussing the matter at the next BSAG meeting on the 21st September at 7pm at Chetton Village Hall.

In the meantime I suggest you write to BDC and ask for…

  • a full detailed breakdown of actual labour costs including copies of operatives time sheets.
  • Copies of invoices paid for discharging effluent
  • Details of the costs of vehicles, plant and materials including invoices plus explanation of method of calculation and details of operative hours that have been taken into account within the calculation
  • Copies of electricity bills and any repairs that have been required.
  • Full details of miscellaneous costs including invoices for environment/consent to discharge

There is further advice from the solicitors that I do not wish to publish on an open forum such as this but we will discuss on the 21st.

The next meeting of BSAG is at Chetton Village Hall at 7pm on the 21st September where we will discuss the bills and what action to take.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Full General Meeting - 20th July 7pm

A full General Meeting of Bridgnorth Sewage Action Group (BSAG) will take place at 7pm on Friday 20th July 2007 at Chetton Village Hall.

We have been advised by Bridgnorth District Council that they will send out the annual maintenance invoices for sewage in the first week of July. BSAG has sought legal advice regarding these invoices and also the expected invoices for the capital replacement program and this advice will be made available at this meeting. In the meantime...
DO NOT PAY
... without first getting this advice.

A map for the meeting (aerial photograph) can be found by clicking here, or here, or here.


Monday, April 30, 2007

Next Meeting THURSDAY 10th May

The next meeting will be THURSDAY 10th May at 7pm in Chetton Village Hall. (Please note this is Thursday evening not our usual Friday evening).

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Meeting with local councillors - April 27th

The following councillors were invited, a week ago, to meet us on the 27th April to discuss the issues surrounding the charges for sewage and here are their replies to date:-

  • Councillor Shineton - Says that if she turns up she cannot later speak on our behalf at meetings. However offering to attend.
  • Councillor Yeomans - "Due to other commitments I may not be able to attend, but will do my very best."
  • Cllr. D M J Gibbon - "I will try to be at Chetton Village Hall on Friday"
  • Councillor Whiteman - Regret unable to attend
  • Philip Dunne MP - Unable to attend that date but offering 1st June
  • Councillor Tindall - No reply
  • Councillor Pate - No reply
  • Councillor Wood - No reply
  • Councillor Murray - No reply
  • Mathew Green (prospective candidate for MP) - No reply

As it looks as if at least two of the local councillors will join us on that day, may I ask that you spread the word as this is an opportunity for people affected to discuss their views with people who can make a difference.

The meeting is at Chetton Village Hall at 7pm on Friday April 27th.

To get to the village hall, from the top of the Bridgnorth bypass...

  • At roundabout turn onto B4364 (signposted Ludlow, Ditton Priors) for 3 miles
  • Go past the Punch Bowl Pub (about half a mile from roundabout)
  • Go past the Down Pub (about 2 and a half miles from roundabout)
  • Just over half a mile later at the bottom of a small valley on a left hand bend, turn right signposted CHETTON ONLY
  • The village hall is the first entrance on the right.

Justin

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Next meeting - 27th April 2007

The next meeting is confirmed as 27th April 2007 at 7pm in Chetton Village Hall.

Please note that the meeting that would usually be on the 11th May cannot be in Chetton Village Hall because of a prior booking and will therefore either be a different day or a different venue. Please check the website http://www.bsag.co.uk for update nearer the time.

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Reply from David Parish DBC

The reply received from Bridgnorth District Council dated 26th Feb 2007 is available from the following web address as a PDF file http://tinyurl.com/23ta48.

A copy of the letter sent to Chief Executive of Bridgnorth District Council available at http://tinyurl.com/ywaheu (you will need this to link the answers to the questions).

Please note the statement in paragraph 17c:-

... we have no intention of subjecting the matter to an agreement with you, your technical consultant representative or any other third party.


This seems in direct contradiction to many of the contracts that residents have which state that in the event of a dispute an independent adjudicator should be brought in.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Next Meetings 16th March, 30th March, 13th April

The next three meetings for the group have been set as 16th March, 30th March and 13th April. All at 7pm at Chetton Village Hall.

To get to the village hall, from the top of the Bridgnorth bypass...

* At roundabout turn onto B4364 signposted Ludlow, Ditton Priors for 3 miles
* Go past the Punch Bowl Pub (about half a mile from roundabout)
* Go past the Down Pub (about 2 and a half miles from roundabout)
* Just over half a mile later at the bottom of a small valley on a left hand bend, turn right signposted CHETTON ONLY
* The village hall is the first entrance on the right.

A aerial photograph can be found by clicking here, or a street map here, or Multimap here.

Regards
Justin

Friday, February 23, 2007

Open Reply to John Harmeston (email 23/2/07)

Dear Mr Harmeston,

Thank you for your letter of the 19th January, saying that David Parish would look into our concerns.

I have to say I was somewhat surprised to see Tom Clark quoted in the Shropshire Star yesterday saying "We need to proceed with the work to ensure all the plants are compliant with the requirements of the Environment Agency" as this seems to disregard the result of the meeting you had with your surveyors at Brick Kiln Lane where the proposed work was agreed to be unnecessary. It also effectively says that the current state of the works does not meet the requirements of the Environment Agency which is contrary to the terms of the contracts you have with the residents. I have to assume that Tom Clark has been mis-quoted and that you are considering our objections and that the plants do meet legal requirements.

I was also very concerned to hear that only two days after receipt of my last letter you started work at the Neenton plant; riding roughshod over the the wishes of local residents. I do not believe that any of our members want to take legal action, all want a fair and reasonable settlement; however the actions of your officers show that this is not also the objective of the Council.

The Bridgnorth Sewage Action Group has 55 members on the following sewage plants: Boningale, Chetton, Eudon George, Kinlet, Sutton Maddock (Vicarage Lane, Brook View and Brick Kiln Lane) , Bourton, Weston, Neen Savage, Neenton, and Shipton. According to the list BDC sent me on the 15th June these plants have 58 private properties whih means we have the support of about 95% of the people affected in those schemes.

Yours Sincerely
Justin White
Chair
Bridgnorth Sewage Action Group

Reply from John Harmeston 20/2/07

Dear Mr White

SEWAGE TREATMENT WORKS

I acknowledge receipt of your letter, hand delivered on 19 February 2007. My first impression is that many of the matters you have raised have been addressed in previous correspondence or meetings with my officers.

I will, however, have the points you raised investigated by Mr David Parish, Director of Community Services, and you will receive a reply within 10 working days from the date of this letter. Should a meeting seem appropriate as a result of these enquiries, then one will be arranged.

I note some of your members are planning to commence proceedings to instigate an injunction.

To assist with the investigation, would you let me know how many members are in the Action Group and which sewage treatment plants are causing concern. A telephone call or email to my Personal Assistant will suffice (Jacqueline Reading on the above telephone number or email cexec@bridgnorth-dc.gov.uk).

Yours sincerely

John Harmeston
Chief Executive

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Press Release 19th February 2007

The following press release has been issued, embargo until 7am 19th February 2007. Copy may be downloaded at : http://tinyurl.com/23kpg6

Bridgnorth Sewage Action Group
www.bsag.co.uk

PRESS RELEASE
19th February 2007
EMBARGO 7AM 19 Feb 2007

---- BEGINS ----

Following a meeting of the Bridgnorth Sewage Action Group on the 16th February, they have written to the Chief Executive of Bridgnorth District Council demanding they stop further work on their sewage plants.

At a site meeting last week a BSAG member, a technical consultant employed BSAG, Bridgnorth District Council, and Telford & Wrekin (the consultants employed by BDC); the work that was being proposed was ridiculed and at the end of the meeting the Telford representative was asked by BDC to completely re-write the specification taking the work for one site from £14,000 to an estimate of £500 from the technical consultant – about 3% of the original cost.

Given that this meeting showed that the standard of work from the consultants employed by BDC had not been acceptable; BSAG demand that

  1. Bridgnorth District Council immediately halt all work pending further investigation
  2. That a BSAG technical consultant is given access to all the other plants before any further work is carried out to carry out a survey of each plant.
  3. That when this survey is complete a meeting is held between BSAG, their technical consultant and Bridgnorth District Council to agree the work that is required.

---- ENDS ----

---- Notes to editor ----

Copy of letter sent to Chief Executive of Bridgnorth District Council available at http://tinyurl.com/ywaheu.

Bridgnorth Sewage Action Group is a local campaign organisation whose aims are to fight the proposals by Bridgnorth District Council to charge local residents for the backlog of work on the sewage systems BDC own and manage. In addition to recharging capital costs, they are also proposing to increase annual usage charges by about 260% taking it to four times the cost of plants adopted by Severn Trent.

---- Contact Information ----
Further information available from the campaign website : http://www.bsag.co.uk
Contact information:
  • Chairman: Justin White 07970 080156;
  • Treasurer: Su Cadwallader 01746 789396

Letter to Chief Exec of BDC

A letter will be hand delivered to John Harmeston the Chief Exec of Bridgnorth District Council on Monday 19th February demanding that Bridgnorth halt work on their sewage systems.

Download of the letter in PDF format available at : http://tinyurl.com/ywaheu

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Next Meeting - Fri 2nd March 7pm

The next meeting of the Bridgnorth Sewage Action Group is confirmed for Friday 2nd March at 7pm at Chetton Village Hall.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Letter to Local Government Ombudsman 16th Feb

At our meeting on the 2nd February it was agreed that we would write to the Local Government Ombudsman as a group to ask them to intervene in the way in which Bridgnorth have handled this matter.

It was agreed that we would attempt to get as many signatures of involved residents and owners as possible against one letter rather than send a mountain of letters and the following letter is therefore planned to be sent on the 16th February. Please download this letter and ask people to sign the second page - this should then be brought to the next meeting on the 16th, or faxed to me on 0870 913 2453 or posted to me at the address indicated in the letter to arrive no later than the 16th February 2007.

The letter can be downloaded from:

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Next Meeting - Fri 16th Feb 2007 - 7pm

The next meeting of the Bridgnorth Sewage Action Group is confirmed for Friday 16th February at 7pm at Chetton Village Hall.

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Minutes from meeting 19th Jan

I have published some notes from the meeting on Friday 19th in a private section of this website at http://www.bdc-sewage2.blogspot.com. To gain access please email me (I will need to do some verification unless I already know you, so may be a delay in gaining access).

Justin

Meeting called for all villages - 2nd February 2007

A third meeting has been arranged to co-ordinate a response to Bridgnorth District Council's decision to charge villagers for major repairs to the sewage systems and to double their annual charges.

The meeting is to take place at 7.00pm on Friday 2nd February 2007 at Chetton Village Hall and organisers are asking that villagers from the following places who are affected by the proposals arrange for at least two spokespersons to attend.

Boningale, Chetton, Eudon George, Honeypot, Kinlet, Monkhopton, Neen Savage, Neenton, Shipton, Sutton Maddock, Highley, Bourton, Norton and Weston.

Directions available from http://www.bdc-sewage.blogspot.com

We do not have contact names nor email addresses for many people so please can you pass the word onto anyone you know who is affected. We would appreciate an idea of numbers and would be grateful if you could email bdc.sewage@googlemail.com if you, or someone you know, plan to attend (please also tell us which village you live in).

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Meeting called for all villages - 19th January 2007

A followup meeting has been arranged to co-ordinate a response to Bridgnorth District Council's decision to charge villagers for major repairs to the sewage systems and to double their annual charges.

The meeting is to take place at 7.00pm on Friday 19th January 2007 at Chetton Village Hall and organisers are asking that villagers from the following places who are affected by the proposals arrange for at least two spokespersons to attend.

Boningale, Chetton, Eudon George, Honeypot, Kinlet, Monkhopton, Neen Savage, Neenton, Shipton, Sutton Maddock, Highley, Bourton, Norton and Weston.

To get to the village hall, from the top of the Bridgnorth bypass...
  • At roundabout turn onto B4364 signposted Ludlow, Ditton Priors for 3 miles
  • Go past the Punch Bowl Pub (about half a mile from roundabout)
  • Go past the Down Pub (about 2 and a half miles from roundabout)
  • Just over half a mile later at the bottom of a small valley on a left hand bend, turn right signposted CHETTON ONLY
  • The village hall is the first entrance on the right.
A map (aerial photograph) can be found by clicking here, or here, or here.

We do not have contact names nor email addresses for many people so please can you pass the word onto anyone you know who is affected. We would appreciate an idea of numbers and would be grateful if you could email bdc.sewage@googlemail.com if you, or someone you know, plan to attend (please also tell us which village you live in).

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Meeting called for all villagers - 24/11/06

A meeting has been arranged to co-ordinate a response to Bridgnorth District Council's decision to charge villagers for major repairs to the sewage systems and to double their annual charges.

The meeting is to take place at 7.30pm on Friday 24th November 2006 at Chetton Village Hall and organisers are asking that villagers from the following places who are affected by the proposals arrange for at least two spokespersons to attend.

Boningale, Chetton, Eudon George, Honeypot, Kinlet, Monkhopton, Neen Savage, Neenton, Shipton, Sutton Maddock, Highley, Bourton, Norton and Weston.

The Chetton residents, who have arranged the meeting on the 24th, have already got together and considered four options on how to proceed; these were (1) to refuse to pay anything, (2) to pay the lump sum but fight the unfair contract, (3) find an alternative supplier or take over the system themselves and (4) to agree to the demands of BDC. At this meeting one course of action was decided upon but most importantly it was agreed that support from other villages should be sought; together we are strong.

In order to make the meeting manageable it is hoped that each village will be able to discuss these and other options in advance and elect two spokespersons to attend the district meeting on the 24th; however the meeting is open to anyone affected by the BDC proposals.

To get to the village hall, from the top of the Bridgnorth bypass...
  • At roundabout turn onto B4364 signposted Ludlow, Ditton Priors for 3 miles
  • Go past the Punch Bowl Pub (about half a mile from roundabout)
  • Go past the Down Pub (about 2 and a half miles from roundabout)
  • Just over half a mile later at the bottom of a small valley on a left hand bend, turn right signposted CHETTON ONLY
  • The village hall is the first entrance on the right.
A map (aerial photograph) can be found by clicking here, or here, or here.

We do not have contact names nor email addresses for many people so please can you pass the word onto anyone you know who is affected. We would appreciate an idea of numbers and would be grateful if you could email bdc.sewage@googlemail.comif you, or someone you know, plan to attend (please also tell us which village you live in).

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Chetton Villagers meeting on Monday

Chetton villagers are planning to meet on Monday to try and agree as a village on the next step in the sewage saga.
[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!

Private section for members only